Monday, April 15, 2013

WEEK 2

Date: Monday April 15, 2013
Weather: Fair, sunny with a slight breeze, small clouds in NE sky
Temperature: 50 degrees F
Time: 5pm-6:30pm
Location: Union Bay Natural Area

The pond has not changed a considerable amount, however, sparse blades of grass have infiltrated the water's edge with their thin green bodies. Any buds in the trees last week have turned into small leaves, I am surprised that it has only been a week. The yellow-green is overwhelming as usual, and the sun provides a nice glow. Still, the breeze is picking up in the later hours and giving the air a decent chill. Four Mallards are in the pond again, though they are at too great of a distance to discern between these ducks and the Mallards from last Monday. There are high-pitched chirps sounding from the tops of the trees and I dearly hope that I catch a glimpse of at least one of the birds. Some of the grasses here remind me of the grasses seen in Idaho, which leads me to believe that they are Idaho Fescue, but I am not entirely positive if that is possible here in Western Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment